Howard Baker Bolts to Boston
Howard Baker, deputy police commissioner, technology development, of the New York Police Department is heading to Boston where he has been named the chief information officer for the Executive Office of Public Safety for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* FLYING SOLO:
Martha Sullivan has gone solo, forming her own marketing and public relations agency, Thornton Marketing, after a two-year association with LegalVoice. She will continue to focus on legal vendors and law firms, and remains headquartered in San Rafael, Calif.
* WE'LL TAKE MANHATTAN:
Drucilla Ramey, executive director and general counsel of the Bar Association of San Francisco, will leave her post in January. Like her friend Hillary Clinton, Ramey has set her sights on Manhattan, and she and husband Marvin Stender are flat-hunting in the West Village. "As the great philosopher Elaine May once said to Walter Matthau, 'The only safe thing is to take a chance,'" Ramey told pals when announcing her departure.
She's job hunting for a foundation job to continue her passion for public interest work.
* ELITE'S NEW CHIEF:
Elite Information Systems has promoted Dan Tacone to chief operating officer.
He will oversee all business functions including sales, finance, product development, and customer service.
Previously, Tacone served as EIS as vice president of sales.
Aimee Egan has been promoted to a new role at West Group, and moving to its academic segment to head up that unit's communications efforts. ...Bowne & Co. Inc. has named David Shea president of its outsourcing business unit, Bowne Business Solutions. ... Susan Stevens Dunn has joined FirmLogic L.P. as general counsel. A member of the North Carolina, Massachusetts, and Texas Bar Associations, Dunn formerly worked as associate general counsel for Glaxo Wellcome Inc. She holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, a master's from Northwestern University and a juris doctor from Southern Methodist University.
Dan Tokery has joined EBSCO Information Services as director of development. He comes from Faxon, RoewCom's academic and medical division, where he served as president. ... Gordie Ellison has been named chief operations officer at Elizabeth, Colo.-based Executive Leadership Group Inc. Previously, Ellison worked for Qwest Communications. ELG is a management consulting and training company.
* PACK UP THE PINK SLIPS:
Casecentral.com, which recently went through a handful of pink slips, is ramping up again. Alan Brooks has been pegged as its new vice president of marketing. Brooks previously was veep of product marketing at eConvergent, a customer relationship management software provider. More new hires are expected to be announced soon, the company reports.
* MUSICAL CHAIRS:
Tom O'Connor may get the award for the most new posts in a given year. After stints at CourtLink Corp., Pro2Net and Applied Legal Techno-logies Inc., O'Connor has now joined Seattle's Pacific Legal Inc., a litigation support company, where he is the director of education and training.
* MAGIC LAUNCHES:
Sheryn Bruehl has launched LexMagic L.L.C., with offices in Norman, O.K. and Milwaukee. It offers marketing and event promotion for legal and other professionals.
* FLIES TO FIOS:
Fios Inc. announced the addition of Jorge Montanez as the company's west coast account manager. Previously, Montanez worked for San Francisco-based casecentral.com. Fios provides electronic evidence discovery and digital information risk management
* PACK UP THE PINK SLIPS:
Speaking of casecentral.com, which recently went through a handful of pink slips, we're told it is ramping up again. Alan Brooks has been pegged as its new vice president of marketing. He previously was veep of product marketing at eConvergent, a customer relationship management software provider. More hires are expected shortly, says CC.
* QUICK TAKES:
Eric Goldreich has joined Latham & Watkins, as its manager of technology. Goldreich previously worked for Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton L.L.P.
* Susan Stevens Dunn has joined FirmLogic L.P. as general counsel. A member of the North Carolina, Mass., and Texas bars, Dunn formerly was associate general counsel at Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
* Terry Crum has left his I.T. post at Baker & McKenzie and has joined Cleveland-based Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue.
* Solutions 6 Holdings Ltd. has appointed Laurence Milton as managing director. Milton previously was the head of MICL, which his new bosses acquired last year. Simon Crompton was promoted to the general manager spot; Gurjeet Dhillon has been named national sales manager.
* Bowne & Co. Inc. has named David Shea president of its outsourcing unit, Bowne Business Solutions.
* Traveling Coaches announced that Trace Shuler has joined the companies technical staff. Previously, Shuler worked for Techlaw Inc.
* Maria Hamrefors is now director of Westlaw U.K., reports Sweet & Maxwell. She joins the company from Fakta Info Direkt in Sweden.
* Marc Jennings has been tapped as publisher of Loislaw, which was recently purchased by Wolters Kluwer North America.
* Gordie Ellison has been named chief operations officer at Elizabeth, Colo.-based Executive Leadership Group Inc.
* Doculex Inc. has announced the promotion of Chris Gillett to director of technical support.
* Kathleen Rossell has been selected as the new director of conferences and meetings for the Association of Legal Administrators, based in Vernon Hills, Ill.