Harvard Plays Host
To Spring Symposium
The Harvard Journal of Law & Technology's Spring Symposium, High Technology, Antitrust, and the Regulation of Competition will be held in Austin Hall, on the Harvard Law School Campus on March 9. The symposium will include a series of presentations and a moderated panel discussion. Papers presented at the symposium will be published in the Journal's Summer Issue.
For more information ENTER no. 297 after Clicking Here.
Workshop Covers Net Start-Up Training
National Seminars Group will be offering a one-day program on Understanding and Using the Internet. The course covers five topics: a basic explanation of the Internet; how to communicate on the Internet; how to use e-mail effectively; tools to enhance your Internet operations; and using the World Wide Web.
The course will be offered at the following locations:
- Eatontown, N.J., at the Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center (Feb. 1).
- New York City at the Doral Inn (Feb. 27).
- Newburgh, N.Y., at the Holiday Inn (Feb. 29).
- Paramus, N.J., at the Radisson Inn Paramus (March 1).
- Stamford, Conn., at the Ramada Plaza Hotel (Feb. 28).
- Trumbull, Conn., at the Trumbull Marriott (Feb. 1).
- Westbury, N.Y., at the Holiday Inn (Feb. 26).
- Woodbridge, N.J., at the Sheraton at Woodbridge Place (Feb. 2).
For more information ENTER no. 298 after Clicking Here.
SkillPath Schedules Software Workshops
SkillPath Seminars has schedule workshops on Windows 95, Word for Windows, WordPerfect for Windows and Excel for Windows. Each one-day workshop includes step-by-step guidance and a session that addresses the most advanced features and shortcuts built into each program. The four seminars are:
- Windows 95, which will be held in Nashville, Tenn. (Feb. 5); New York City (Feb. 5 and Mar. 10); Norwalk, Conn (Mar. 27); Raleigh, N.C. (Feb. 20); and Richmond, Va. (Feb. 5 and Mar. 11).
- Word for Windows, which will be held in Nashville, Tenn. (Feb. 8); New York City (Feb. 6); and Richmond, Va. (Feb. 8)
- WordPerfect for Windows, which will be held on Feb. 7 in the following cities: Nashville, Tenn.; New York City; and Richmond Va.
- Excel for Windows, which will be held in Nashville, Tenn. (Feb 6); New York City (Feb. 6.); and Richmond, Va. (Feb 6).
For more information ENTER no. 299 after Clicking Here.
One-Day Excel Course
Will Run During Feb.
A one-day seminar on Microsoft Excel will be offered at various locations in the New York, tri-state area in February. The program, Excel, is designed for beginning to intermediate users and will cover versions 4.0 and 5.0 for Windows and Macintosh. The program, which is offered by Fred Pryor Seminars, will include coverage of:
- Techniques, including Excel formulas and functions that explain Excel's spreadsheet capabilities; how to design and organize the best possible worksheet before entering the first number; adding visual punch to worksheets; entering all forms of data; and how to edit easily.
- Troubleshooting, including common printing problems and how to solve them; how to save data if your computer crashes or locks; how to backtrack your way out of mistakes; and how to manage large or multiple spreadsheets.
- Time Savers, including how to create and use simple macros that save time and money; tapping into Excel's powerful database capabilities; using shortcut menus and customizable toolbars; how to hide sensitive data so that only you can view or print it; and mouse methods and keyboard shortcuts.
- The program will be offered at the following locations:
- Connecticut: Feb. 5 (Stanford).
- New Jersey: Fairfield (Feb. 15), Morristown (Feb. 20), New Brunswick (Feb. 14), Red Bank (Feb. 13), and Saddle Brook (Feb. 21).
- New York: Hauppauge (Feb. 14), New York City-LaGuardia (Feb. 15); New York City-Manhattan (Feb. 7 and 9), Orangeburg (Feb. 6), Uniondale (Feb. 13), and White Plains (Feb. 22).
For more information ENTER no. 300 after Clicking Here.
Copyright 1996, The New York Law Publishing Company.
All Rights Reserved.