ClearCASE, from CourtEXPRESS, is a search tool that gives attorneys case-specific profiles and summaries of legal strategies. It culls current dockets and relevant case histories to provide users with real-time access to court records, and full text online documents with single source retrieval capabilities, enhanced with a full suite of professional service tools. Customized summaries profile specific judges and attorneys, and capture monetary demands and awards. Currently ClearCASE is available for New York federal jurisdictions with updated offerings forthcoming the company says.
Information: Reader Response no. 211.
TrialWorks 8.0, from Lawex Corp, is case management software that uses file tabs to replicate a firm's file cabinets. It features an integrated application, FileIt, that moves multiple scanned or e-mailed files not created using TrialWorks, directly into any combination of TrialWorks tabs and cases. The system integrates with Hummingbird Ltd.'s PC DOCS, Novell Inc.'s Groupwise, Corel Corp.'s WordPerfect, Microsoft Corp.'s Outlook, and Juris Inc.'s accounting software. It's available in both Microsoft JET and SQL versions; the SQL version features a settlement calculator.
Information: Reader Response no. 212.
Depositions on Demand, from I-DEP L.L.C., provides synchronized search, playback, and editing of video and transcript. It securely archives all annotations and highlights captured during live deposition, and outputs to VHS, CD-ROM, or DVD. The service includes live full video, two-way audio, real-time transcript, instant objections, and a built-in chat feature for discrete communication via computer or telephone.
Information: Reader Response no. 213.
New on Microfilm
LexisNexis Group reports that its LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions (the new name for its Congressional Information Service) has published these microfilm collections, under its University Publications of America imprint:
* Records of the Tripartite Commission for the Restitution of Monetary Gold, 1946-1998 covers international efforts to achieve a fair distribution among Nazi-victimized nations of recovered monetary gold.
* The Safehaven Program chronicles postwar efforts by the F.B.I. to thwart the movement of Nazis and their plunder of Switzer-land, Latin American nations, and other neutral countries.
* Art Looting and Nazi Germany: Records of the Fine Arts and Monuments Adviser, Ardelia Hall, 1945-1961, Part 1: Country Files for Austria, Italy, and Germany.
* The Black Power Movement. Part 1: Amiri Baraka from Black Arts to Black Radicalism. Part 2: The Papers of Robert F. Williams.
* Records of Southern Plantations from Emancipation to the Great Migration, Series A and B.
Lexis also announced that it has enhanced its LexisNexis Statistical Universe service, with the release of 100,000 statistical tables in its Research Edition of PowerTables.
Information: Reader Response no. 214.