Lexmark Debuts Ten B&W Printers
Lexmark International Inc. has unveiled ten new multifunction monochrome laser printers:
* The Lexmark W820 is a 45 page-per-minute printer. When combined with Lexmark's X6100 MFP option, it becomes a copier, fax, and scanner.
* The Lexmark T622 and T620 are 40 p-p-m and 30 p-p-m printers respectively.
The two units include Lexmark's StapleSmart finisher, which automatically staples and offset stacks print jobs.
* The Lexmark T620in and T622in are Web-ready printers that can print preprogrammed, bookmarked Web pages directly from Internet/Intranet sites.
Both models can accommodate the StapleSmart finisher and a five-bin mailbox option.
* The Lexmark T522 and T520 units print 25 p-p-m and 20 p-p-m respectively, and also offer Lexmark's StapleSmart finisher.
* The Lexmark X522 MFP and X520 MFP, based on the T522 and T520, offer copying, faxing, and scanning capabilities. The X720 MFP, based on Lexmark's C720 color laser printer, provides color printing, copying, network scanning, and faxing.
* The E210 laser unit prints at 12 p-p-m, and supports parallel port and USB connectivity with PCs. It uses a single-element replacement cartridge, and can print envelopes, labels, transparencies and card stock, in addition to standard sized paper.
Information: Reader Response no. 220.
Xerox Corp. has introduced three new multifunction appliances that combine print, copy, scan, and fax capabilities:
* The Document Centre 490 is a 90 p-p-m unit that features an e-mail option for delivering documents via Internet, and offers password protection to restrict usage to approved network users.
* The Document Centre 425 is a 25 p-p-m unit otherwise offering the same functionality as the Document Centre 490.
* The WorkCentre Pro 412 is a 12 p-p-m unit that features 600 x 600 dpi color scanning, and color faxing.
Xerox also introducted two new Phaser printers:
* The Phaser 3400 prints in black-and-white at 17 p-p-m and has a first-page-out time of 12 seconds. It includes 16 MB, a 166 MHz PowerPC processor, an input capacity of up to 1200 sheets, and 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, parallel and USB connectivity. Also offered is an available network configuration and standard Postscript 3, PCL6 and PCL5e emulation.
* The Phaser 860 prints in color at 16 p-p-m, and has a first-page-out time of 10 seconds. It features 64 MB, 1200 dpi resolution, 10/100 BaseT Ethernet, and media flexibility including legal size paper and support of up to 110-pound index stock. It has an embedded Web server for remote printer management via any Web browser.
Information: Reader Response no. 221.
Pitney Bowes Inc. has unveiled several new multifunction units:
* The DL200 is a 21 p-p-m, network-compatible, black and white printer, copier, scanner, and facsimile. It features 600 x 600 dpi reproduction quality.
Users can print from PostScript, PCL, and other file formats.
It offers document delivery via e-mail, storage as PDF of TIFF files, and a scan-to-URL of an FTP server function. It includes a 33.6 Kbps modem.
* The CD1500 and CD2000 are respectively 15 and 20 p-p-m color and black and white printers, copiers, and scanners. They capture color information in a single pass, offer automatic calibration, and 600 dpi reproduction resolution.
Users can scan 11 x 17-inch pages, and print full bleed 11 x 17-inch pages, e-mailed color documents, and Intranet-hosted, color material.
Available finishing options include automatic duplexing, stapling, hole punching, and 10-bin mailbox sorting.
Information: Reader Response no. 222.
Toshiba America Business Solutions Inc. has introduced five additions to its e-STUDIO digital copier line:
* The e-STUDIO20 and e-STUDIO25 each feature paper capacities of 3,700 sheets, copy at 600 x 600 dpi, and print at 1,200 x 600 dpi. They can handle paper sizes up to 11 x 17 inches, and can perform off-the-glass reductions and enlargements of 25% to 400%. They offer walk-up, network, and Internet faxing, and 1.4 second-per-page TWAIN compatible scanning at 600 x 600 dpi and the units' Super G3 JBIG compression fax boards and 33 kbps modems.
* The e-STUDIO55, e-STUDIO65, and e-STUDIO80 add three 500-sheet cassettes, a 4,000-sheet feeder, and a 100-sheet stack feed "smart" bypass tray. They offer 32 MB memory and a 3.2 GB hard disk drive.
Information: Reader Response no. 223.
Toshiba FCi Series
Toshiba also has introduced its FCi Seriesof digital color copier/printers. The FC22i produces color copies at 22 p-p-m, and prints at 25 p-p-m, while the FC15i achieves 15 p-p-m (copying), and 18 p-p-m (printing). Both reproduce at 9,600 x 600 dpi, offer network printing, TWAIN scanning capabilities, and ColorWise and WebTool software for color adjustment and job management.
Information: Reader Response no. 224.
RISO Inc. has introduced two digital printer-duplicators:
* The RP3700 is a 60 to120 p-p-m unit, with an integrated system controller for connectivity to standalone or networked PC or Macintosh computers, says the company.
Also available is an optional PCMCIA Document Memory Card that enables users to store jobs in the printer, and print them directly from the printer's control panel.
* The RP3790 is additionally equipped with three paper trays to accommodate 3,000 sheets. The standard feed tray can accommodate 1,000 sheets of paper ranging in size from 4 x 6 x 11 x 17-inches, while the two additional trays can accommodate 1,000 sheets each of letter, legal, or ledger-sized paper. It includes the PCMCIA Document Memory Card as a standard feature.
Information: Reader Response no. 225.
Oki Data Americas Inc. has announced the MICROLINE 320 Turbo/n and the MICROLINE 321 Turbo/n printers, featuring integrated internal printer servers and remote management tools.
The OkiLAN 6120e internal 10/100 BaseT print server has a data transfer rate of 470 kbps and supports Windows 95/98/2000/NT4.0/Me, Novell NDS, NDPS, NLSP, IPX/SPX protocol, and Unix. Both printers can accept print jobs over the Internet, and can send e-mail alerts to notify up to four people of printer problems.
Information: Reader Response no. 226.