Cameras & Accessories
Canon Camera Has Dual Interface
Canon U.S.A. Inc. of Lake Success, N.Y,. has introduced has introduced several new products:
* The PowerShot S10, is a lightweight 2.1 megapixel digital camera equipped with a dual interface that allows users to connect the camera to either a USB or RS-232C serial port on their computer. It is bundled with software including Adobe Photo Deluxe, and PhotoStitch for both Mac and Windows.
For more information ENTER no. 375 after Clicking Here.
* The CD-300 Digital Printer can also be used with or without a computer and can print borderless 4 x 6 prints at up to 300 dpi resolution, the company says. The printer can read JPEG images from any digital camera, as well as accept input from CompactFlash and PCMCIA cards, Canon says.
For more information ENTER no. 376 after Clicking Here.
* The Sure Shot Classic120 and the Sure Shot Classic 120 Caption cameras include 38-120mm (3.2x) f/4.5-10.9 all glass zoom lenses.
The Caption enables users to append a caption to their photos, and is compatible with the Wireless Remote Controller RC-5.
For more information ENTER no. 377 after Clicking Here.
* The EF 70-200mm f/4L USM is a compact telephoto lens with a fluorite lens for minimal color dispersion, Canon says.
For more information ENTER no. 378 after Clicking Here.
* Designed exclusively for close-ups, the MP-E65mm f/2.8 Macrophoto Lens yields magnifications of up to 5X, it says.
For more information ENTER no. 379 after Clicking Here.
* The Angle Finder C is designed for waist-level and low angle photography, as well as copy work and macro photography, says Canon.
For more information ENTER no. 380 after Clicking Here.
Beau Software AutoCam
Beau Software, headquartered in Waiku, New Zealand, reports that its AutoCam software works with Casio, Fujifilm and Leica digital cameras.
The software improves downloading functions, picture and print handling, says Beau.
The software also allows users to categorize pictures by keyword, and supports a live "WebCam," says Beau.
For more information ENTER no. 381 after Clicking Here.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A.
Fuji Photo Film U.S.A. Inc., with offices in Elmsford, N.Y., and its sister companies have announced the release of several new cameras and accessories:
* The MX-1200 Digital Camera has a 1.3 million pixel CCD sensor, and a 1.6 inch LCD monitor, Fuji says. Features include automatic playback, a 2X telephoto mode, and a 4 MB SmartMedia card, which can store 23 high-resolution images at a time, the company asserts.
The camera also includes a serial port and can transfer data through USB, floppy disks or PC card adapters, and is bundled with Adobe Photo Deluxe Home Edition 3.0 image editing software, Fuji notes.
For more information ENTER no. 382 after Clicking Here.
* Fuji's new Super CCD digital technology features octagonal-shaped photodiodes and pixels situated on45-degree angles, reports the company. The pattern increases sensitivity and improves digital images, Fuji says.
New cameras incorporating this technology are in development, and planned for release next year, says Fuji.
For more information ENTER no. 383 after Clicking Here.
* The Fujifilm MX-2900 ZOOM offers a 2.3 million-pixel CCD sensor and an RGB filter capable of resolutions of 1800 by 1200, says Fuji.
The camera includes a 3x optical zoom lens, a 2.5x digital telephoto mode, and an 8MB SmartMedia card, which can store up to 35 jpeg images, says Fuji.
For more information ENTER no. 384 after Clicking Here.
* The DS-260 HD digital camera is a rugged, outdoor-friendly megapixel model that protects its inner workings with a dust-proof, impact-and water-resistant outer shell, says Fuji.
It offers a 3x optical zoom lens and a Fujinon EBC glass lens. Originally designed for industrial applications, such as construction, the camera has cross-over appeal for other intensive work applications (as well as for use in boating, hiking, etc.).
A new auto-sensing flash technology automatically adjusts flash output according to lighting conditions, says Fuji.
For more information ENTER no. 385 after Clicking Here.
Kodak Picture Maker
Eastman Kodak Company and Lexmark International have joined forces to offer the Kodak Personal Picture Maker by Lexmark.
The new printer enables users to create and print digital images without a PC, the companies advise.
The device accepts digital camera cards, both CompactFlash and Smart Media, and allows photographers to crop, store, and print pictures, says Kodak, which is headquartered in New York City.
For more information ENTER no. 386 after Clicking Here.
Canon BJC-8200 Printer
Canon Computer Systems Inc. has debuted its BJC-8200 Color Bubble Jet photo printer.
CCSI says that the new printer has a top resolution of 1200 by 1200. The unit can print a 8-inch by 10-inch photo in less than three minutes.
Equipped with both a parallel port and USB cable, the BJC-8200 is compatible with both PC and Macintosh computers, says CCSI, which is based in Costa Mesa, Calif.
For more information ENTER no. 387 after Clicking Here.
Motorola Inc. and Flashpoint Technology Inc. have teamed up to allow digital images taken in the field with Digita-enabled digital cameras to be sent wirelessly over the Internet via Motorola's iDEN digital handsets, the companies say
Digita is Flashpoint's operating platform for digital imaging products.
The technology will be of special interest to attorneys, insurance personnel, real estate employees and others who can use it to capture, send and retrieve photos at locations such as property or accident sites, they say.
For more information ENTER no. 388 after Clicking Here.
Canon ELPH Sport
Canon U.S.A. Inc. says its ELPH Sport features the Advanced Photo System with Magnetic Information Exchange, allowing the system to record all the conditions of when a picture was taken.
The durable camera is water resistant to 16.5 feet and sports a fog resistant lens, says the company, based in Lake Success, N.Y.
For more information ENTER no. 389 after Clicking Here.
SanDisk reports that Ricoh Company Ltd.'s RDC-100 megapixel digital camera is bundled with SanDisk's CompactFlash card.
The camera offers a rugged, water resistant outer casing, and is designed to be easily handled even while wearing gloves, the company says SanDisk, based in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information ENTER no. 390 after Clicking Here.
Minolta Corporation Ltd. of Japan has debuted two new digital cameras:
* The Dimage RD 3000 is a digital SLR camera featuring 2.7 million pixel resolution and a two inch TFT LCD monitor, says Minolta. It is compatible with CompactFlash Type I and II cards, it says.
For more information ENTER no. 391 after Clicking Here.
* The Minolta 3D-1500 incorporates the Dimage EX digital camera with MetaCreations' MetaFlash, enabling the creation of photo-realistic 3D images, Minolta claims.
For more information ENTER no. 392 after Clicking Here.