Brio Targets Small and Medium Firms
Hewlett-Packard Company has unveiled the HP Brio BA200 PC, designed for small- to medium-sized law firms and businesses.
The low-cost PC includes an Intel Celeron 433 MHz processor, 32 MB SDRAM, 4.3 GB hard disk drive, 40X CD-ROM drive and is bundled with Microsoft Windows 98.
Hewlett-Packard also announced an alliance with CompuServe which is offering rebates on the unit, when customers commit to its 2000 Premier Internet access service, advises HP, based in Palo Alto.
The company has joined with AT&T to create the HP Brio Internet Center, to provide small and medium firms with online services, including creation of Web sites and connectivity, says the company.
Hewlett Packard also announced plans to incorporate the new Intel Pentium III high-speed processors into its HP Kayak XU800 PC Workstations, HP Vectra VLi8 corporate PCs and HP Pavilion 8595c home PCs.
For more information ENTER no. 200 after Clicking Here.
Gateway Inc., of San Diego, has announced the release of its Gateway Performance 700 system. It includes an Intel Pentium III processor (700 MHz), with 128 MB memory and a 27.3 GB hard drive. A 19-inch monitor, 8X/32X DVD-ROM drive, and Boston Acoustics digital speakers are among the highlights of the system.
For more information ENTER no. 201 after Clicking Here.
Everex Systems Inc. of Fremont, Calif. says its Everex StepPremier integrates multimedia and communications features for Windows 98/NT applications. It is available in either an ATX MidTower or desktop, and with Pentium II or III processors (up to 500 MHz), says the company.
For more information ENTER no. 202 after Clicking Here.
MGC Technologies, based in City of Industry, Calif., has introduced its MGC-997SN, a 19-inch "short neck" monitor that is USB compatible. For comfort, the screen is non-glare/anti static glass, it says.
MGC also introduced its 3D Monitor Series. MGC claims that these monitors will give the user a stereoscopic view of the screens contents, thereby creating the illusion of 3D.
For more information ENTER no. 204 after Clicking Here.
Samsung Electronics America Inc., of San Jose, has unveiled new additions to its SyncMaster line of flat panel displays:
* The 570sTFT and 570pPlusTFT are "pivot enabled," for instant switching between portrait and landscape viewing, says Samsung.
For more information ENTER no. 205 after Clicking Here.
* The 17-inch 750p and 19-inch 950p CRT monitors are bundled with Colorific software and Pantone's browser plug-in for accurate color reproduction, it says.
For more information ENTER no. 206 after Clicking Here.
* The 21-inch 1100p features a .26 dot pitch. The 1100pPlus includes a flat square CRT tube with a .25 mm dot pitch.
For more information ENTER no. 207 after Clicking Here.
Datamax Corp., of Orlando, Fla., says its DMX-100 micro-print server enables multiple users to access its bar code printers on an Ethernet, via a wide range of network protocols and hosts, eliminating the need for a dedicated PC server.
For more information ENTER no. 208 after Clicking Here.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. has released several scanners and related products:
* The DZ-3600U Document Camera is an alternative to a regular flatbed scanner, says Canon, and is ideal for delicate film or sensitive media.
For more information ENTER no. 215 after Clicking Here.
* The DR-5020 Document Scanner is a versatile desktop machine that offers high performance and can process a wide range of documents, says Canon.
For more information ENTER no. 210 after Clicking Here.
* The DR-5080C Document Scanner is a desktop unit that offers 24-bit color scanning and 8-bit grayscale scanning, reports the company.
For more information ENTER no. 209 after Clicking Here.
* A sister company, Canon Computer Systems Inc., of Costa Mesa, debuted two color flatbed scanners for the small office/home office market. CanoScan FB 630U offers USB connectivity; and CanoScan FB 630P has parallel port connections, it says.
For more information ENTER no. 211 after Clicking Here.
LaserFiche Document Imaging of Torrance, Calif. has announced the release of its Wide-Format Scanner Software, for law firms that need to work with large-format documents, such as blueprints.
For more information ENTER no. 212 after Clicking Here.
Datamax Corp., based in Orlando, Fla., has introduced new thermal printers:
* The DMX-E-3202 is an entry-level unit that weighs 1.5 pounds, and can print labels for specimen vials, and more, says the company.
For more information ENTER no. 217 after Clicking Here.
* The I-4206 can produce a 203 dpi, four-inch-wide image, and includes a 32-bit Motorola Coldfire processor.
For more information ENTER no. 218 after Clicking Here.
Plantronics Inc., based in Santa Cruz, Calif., has debuted new headsets:
* The CS10 is a cordless telephone headset that allows hands-free conversations with freedom of movement.
For more information ENTER no. 219 after Clicking Here.
* The S10 offers both a headset and an amplifier, says the company. It includes a noise-canceling microphone, Plantronics says.
For more information ENTER no. 220 after Clicking Here.
* The S20 boasts Plantronics' DuoSet convertible headset and an adjustable under-the-phone accessory deck that can accommodate almost any phone.
For more information ENTER no. 221 after Clicking Here.
* The T10 is a single-line, combination headset/telephone, which plugs into any standard phone jack. The T20 is a dual-line version of the same set.
For more information ENTER no. 222 after Clicking Here.
Labtec, Inc., headquartered in Vancouver, Wash., has introduced its LVA-7280 ClearVoice Digital Microphone.
The microphone uses Signal Matching Aray Technology to detect and block background noise that might interfere with speech recognition, says Labtec.
For more information ENTER no. 226 after Clicking Here.
Quatech Inc., of Akron, Ohio, says its new line of USB serial adapters allow users to convert RS-232 and RS-422/485 networks to USB without purchasing any new peripherals.
For more information ENTER no. 227 after Clicking Here.
Canon USA Inc. has introduced its imageRUNNER 110, a 110 page-per-minute black and white copier/printer, designed for centralized reprographic departments and "print on demand" environments.
For more information ENTER no. 216 after Clicking Here.