Networking & Storage
Compaq Computer Corp.'s ProLiant
Houston's Compaq Computer Corp. has enhanced its ProLiant systems:
* The ProLiant CL1850 is a two-node cluster which includes a RAID storage system and is available for both Windows NT and NetWare, Compaq says. It is available in tower or rack mount configurations, the company notes.
For more information ENTER no. 250 after Clicking Here.
* The ProLiant HA/F500 is designed to survive and function after floods, earthquakes, fire or terrorism. It allows servers and storage components to be separated by as much as ten kilometers and offers a no-single-point-of-failure system to minimize data loss and downtime, the company claims.
For more information ENTER no. 251 after Clicking Here.
* The ProLiant Cluster for SCO UnixWare 7 works with a variety of Proliant servers, from two-node to scalable six-node configurations.
For more information ENTER no. 252 after Clicking Here.
Microtest Inc., of Phoenix, expects to introduce its FileZerver line of network attached storage devices during first quarter of 2000. The devices are designed for Web-extracted information, collaboration and other storage needs, and will offer Pentium II performance, it says.
The company's DiscZerver 4.0 now can cache DVD-ROMs and supports Novell's Netware 5.0, it says.
For more information ENTER no. 253 after Clicking Here.
CMD Technology says its CRA-7280 RAID Controller provides active/active controller redundancy with fully automated "failover" and "failback" features. It offers up to 1 GB mirrored cache, eight 80 MB/second Ultra 2 SCSI Low-Voltage Differential disk channels capable of supporting up to 112 high-performance disk drives, and is host and operating system-independent, says CMD, based in Irvine, Calif.
For more information ENTER no. 254 after Clicking Here.
Ultera Systems Inc.
Ultera Systems Inc. has unveiled a new version of its Striper-3 LVD Tape Array Controller. It incorporates QLogic Corp.'s new Fast Architecture SCSI processor to boost communication between the array controller and the host to 80 Mbps.
For more information ENTER no. 260 after Clicking Here.
Overland Data Inc.
Overland Data Inc., headquartered in San Diego, and Tecmar Technologies, based in Longmont, Colo., have announced plans to team together to manufacture Travan and Travan NS tape drives, which will incorporate Overland's VR2 technology. The drives will be targeted to the small business/SOHO market.
Overland also announced the release of its LibraryPro, a tape library that can be customized and scaled to firm's needs for capacity and storage. It incorporates robotics based on Overland's LibraryXpress design, says the company.
For more information ENTER no. 261 after Clicking Here.
Procom Technology Inc. says that it has enhanced its NetFORCE 2000network attached storage file servers by incorporating Gigabit Ethernet technology to improve speed.
The new technology is part of the a series of Internet-enabling features and functionalities that have been added to the series, which is designed to support file sharing between UNIX and Windows environments.
For more information ENTER no. 262 after Clicking Here.
Verbatim Corp., of Charlotte, N.C., has announced new products:
* DirectCD Pre-Formatted 4X CD-RW media allows users to immediately use discs, rather than wait while they are formatted.
For more information ENTER no. 263 after Clicking Here.
* DataLifePlus 12X CD-R discs incorporate a new dye for the recording lawyer, that allows transfer speeds up to 1.8 MB/second.
For more information ENTER no. 264 after Clicking Here.
* ADR70 Tape Cartridgesfor small firm/departmental server storage applications have been developed for OnStream Inc.'s ADR (advanced digital recording) Digital Drives.
For more information ENTER no. 265 after Clicking Here.
Panasonic Industrial Co.
Panasonic Industrial Co., of Secaucus, N.J., has announced these debuts:
* The CW-7503-B 8X CD-R drive has a data transfer rate of 1.2 Mbps and can burn a 74-minute compact disc or store 650 MB of data in less than 10 minutes, it says.
The drive has a read speed of 20X and an average seek time of 175 ms.
For more information ENTER no. 266 after Clicking Here.
* ASACA Corp.'s TeraCart Digital Virtual Storage Library can be configured with one to 192 Panasonic DVD-RAM drives, and up to 11,600 double-sided DVD-RAM discs, says the company. It providesg capacities ranging from 1.3 TB to 60.3 TB, ASACA reports.
For more information ENTER no. 267 after Clicking Here.
Smart and Friendly Inc.
Smart and Friendly Inc., of Chatworth, Calif., reports on new releases:
* CD SpeedWriter RW offers an ATAPI interface, and can write a full 650 MB CD in 17 minutes, says the company. It offers 4X write, 4X rewrite and 24X playback performance, a 2 MB buffer, and comes bundled with a software suite that includes Adaptec Direct CD, PowerQuest Drive Image and Adaptec Easy CD Creator Standard Edition.
For more information ENTER no. 268 after Clicking Here.
* CD Rocket Mach 12A is a 12X CD-Recorder, equipped with an ATAPI interface for easy installation. It offers 12X write, 4X ReWrite and 32X playback performance, says the company.
For more information ENTER no. 269 after Clicking Here.
Pioneer New Media
Pioneer New Media Technologies Inc. says its DVD-114/104S is a 10X DVD-ROM that is compatible with single and dual layer DVD, DVD-R, CD-ROM and CD-R media, reports the Long Beach, Calif., company.
It features an ATAPI interface and both slot-load and tray-load versions are available, says Pioneer.
For more information ENTER no. 270 after Clicking Here.
JVC Professional Computer Products Division has debuted its MC-7000 Series of DVD-RAM Libraries (jukeboxes). The company is offering three models, having 260 GB (100 disc), 520 GB (200 disc) and 1.65TB (600 disc) storage capability. The libraries are targeted at law firms and other organizations that require backup of images, audio and video recordings.
For more information ENTER no. 271 after Clicking Here.
Producer 2000 Amigo,a single-drive CD-Recordable publishing system, is now shipping, reports Minneapolis' Rimage Corp. It is a compact, fully automated recording and labeling system designed for firms who need only a single recorder.
For more information ENTER no. 288 after Clicking Here.
MARCAN, a distributor based in Bellevue, Wash., is offering Microboards' line of CD-R and DVD-R systems. The DVR-1000 includes a DVD-R writer and multi-drive DVD reader, which, when connected to a PC, it will run DVD-ROM and DVD-R drives simultaneously, offering 13.7 GB capacity. MARCAN is also selling Microboards' DVD AuthorSuite which Intec DVD AuthorQuick for Windows NT.
For more information ENTER no. 286 after Clicking Here.