ProLaw Names Herrera VP Finance
Deborah Herrerahas been named vice president of finance at ProLaw. Herrera previously served as the senior director of finance in West Group's strategic marketing group.
* PurchasePro has added to its board of directors with the appointments of W. Donald Bell, chair and C.E.O. of Bell Microproducts, and James Schraith, senior advisor to Quantum Technology Ventures.
Bell and Schraith replace John G. Chiles and Michael D. O'Brien on the board.
* Kenneth L. Coleman has joined the board of directors at United Online Inc. Coleman previously held positions at Silicon Graphics Inc., Hewlett-Packard Co., and Activision Inc.
* Gene Landoe has been named president and C.E.O. of CCH Legal Information Services, New York City.
Kevin Robert, formerly vice president and publisher, Federal and State Tax, CCH U.S. Publishing, Riverwoods, Ill., will succeed Landoe as president and C.E.O. of CCH Tax Compliance, Torrance Calif.
* Royce Murphy has been appointed senior vice president at FileNET Corp., for Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
Murphy was most recently C.E.O. of PeopleDoc Ltd., a provider of collaborative commerce software to the investment banking and legal markets.
* Clay Stobaugh has joined Applied Discovery Inc. as vice president. Stobaugh previously was senior vice president of sales and marketing at Reuters.
Mark Kroese has also joined Applied Discovery Inc. as vice president of marketing. Kroese spent 12 years at Microsoft Corp. where he managed the Excel, Word and Microsoft Office product groups and was general manager of the Internet commerce group.
* John E. Hyatt has joined the intellectual property law practice group as an associate, in the Chicago office of Jenkins & Gilchrist. Hyatt will focus on patent prosecution of mechanical, electromechanical, and medical device applications.
* Joe Ulster has been appointed as software evangelist at Dataflight Software Inc.
Ulster will oversee Dataflight's educational efforts, strategic client relations, and implement new techniques for improved product knowledge.
Ulster was litigation support specialist at Sidley Austin Brown & Wood, reports Dataflight.
* F. Rodger Cottrel has been named senior project manager at Wilson Technology. Cottrell was formerly senior project manager at Decision Basis Group.
* Andrew D. Clearfield has joined Juris Inc. as sales manager in its Northeast U.S. office. Previously, Clearfield worked in the Philadelphia area as a sales executive for Computer Sciences Corp./ Legalgard and ELF Technologies.
* Jerry Welshoff has joined EBSCO Subscription Services Inc. as sales manager for the New England/Mid-Atlantic Region.
He will work from EBSCO's Shrewsbury, N.J. office.
* Timothy J. Walton has joined Pierce & Shearer L.L.P. as a senior associate practicing Internet law.
Timothy J. Walton
Walton was recently communities manager at FindLaw.com, reports the law firm.