Dell Introduces 3 PowerEdge Units
Dell Computer Corp. has released three new PowerEdge servers:
* The Model 4400 Departmental Server offers up to two Pentium III Xeon processors, at up to 800 MHz. It includes up to 4 GB of 133 MHz ECC SDRAM, and up to 252 GB of internal storage capacity. It offers embedded, dual-channel RAID controller, with battery-backed cache; and optional redundant hot-swap power supplies, cooling fans and PCI slots.
* The Model 2400 Workgroup Server has up to two Pentium III processors at up to 733 MHz; 2 GB of 133 MHz ECC SDRAM; and up to 180 GB of hot-swappable internal storage capacity. It comes with embedded single-channel RAID with 64 MB cache; optional redundant hot-swap power supplies.
* The Model 1300, an entry-level unit, offers up to 1 GB 100MHz ECC SDRAM; and up to 108 GB internal storage capability. It includes up to two Pentium III processors, at up to 700 MHz.
Enter no. 317 after clicking here.
Kyocera Mita America Inc. has debuted two digital copier/printer systems: the KM-4230 and KM-5230. Both offer a choice of connectivity options, including the Print System Embedded Controller, or the external Print System.
Optional finishing devices include 3000 sheet capacity; two and three hole punch; and "Saddlestitcher."
Enter no. 273 after clicking here.
Oce has released its DPS400, which combines high-speed, real-time copy, print and scan functions into a modular, scalable system. It features a freestanding user console and an integrated scanner, and prints pages as they are scanned. It offers "scan-ahead" and "scan-to-mailbox" functions to allows users to reprint previously scanned or stored jobs. It prints at a rate of 6000 images per hour with resolution of 600 dpi.
Enter no. 276 after clicking here.
Dell Computer Corp. has released two new Dell Precision Workstation computers. Both units include Windows NT Workstation 4.0.
* Model 420 offers a Pentium III processor, at 733 MHz, 128 MB RDRAM, and is dual processor/RAID capable. It has a 19-inch Trinitron monitor.
* Model 220 is an entry-level unit, with a Pentium III processor, at 600 MHz. It has 64 MB RDRAM, and a 17-inch Trinitron monitor.
Enter no. 315 after clicking here.
Tangent Computer has released the Medallion 820 Pro DV, a multimedia desktop system using Intel's Pentium III 866 MHz processor and i820 (Coppermine) chipset. The system features a 10x DVD-ROM; a Zip 250 removable drive; resolution of 1920 x 1200 x 32 bit color; a graphics card with 32 MBs of SDRAM; standard configuration with 128MB SDRAM, and Corel WordPerfect Suite.
The company says the system is targeted to users who need power and speed for viewing and creating multimedia content, 3D rendering, 2D or CAD applications, or graphic intensive applications requiring floating point calculations.
Enter no. 316 after clicking here.
InfoWorkSpace, developed by Electronic System, is an integrated suite of Web-based collaboration and conferencing tools. It offers instant messaging, voice-over IP, text chat, whiteboards, virtual file storage, online conferencing and Web presentations.
Enter no. 274 after clicking here.
Kodak has announced the release of several new scanners:
* Kodak Digital Science Scanner 1500 features auto feeding and a short paper path, along with flatbed scanning capabilities. The 2500 Model features a quick-loading feeder that allows stacking of up to 300 documents at a time. The 3520 Model uses ink jet technology to print up to 40 characters, including numeric, alpha and special characters.
* Kodak Digital Science Color Scanner 3590C allows users to capture business documents in color or black-and-white. The 4500 Model offers users two-sided production color scanning at the same speed as bi-tonal scanning.
* Kodak Digital Science Document Scanners 7520 and 9520 include options such as an automatic or semi-automatic document feeder, automatic length detection, and Kodak's "Perfect Page Scanning" technology.
Enter no. 277 after clicking here.
InnDura Poly Products
Smead Manufacturing Co. reports that it has launched a new, colorful line of office products, targeting the Small Office/Home Office market. The InnDura UltraColor Poly Products line includes expanding file folders, wallets, pad folios, ring binders, document folios in colors such as green, blue, purple and fuchsia.
Enter no. 278 after clicking here.
Dymo-CoStar has three new models in its LabelWriter specialty printer line: EL40, EL60 and Turbo.
The EL40 and EL60 models print 12 labels per minute; the Turbo prints 30 per minute. The EL40 handles address, file folder, video spine and other labels up to 1-1/2 inches wide. The EL60 and Turbo models print larger labels (up to 2-1/4 inches wide) for packages, cassettes, disks, name badges and videotapes.
Enter no. 279 after clicking here.
The new Kroy K3000-PC connects to a PC, allowing users to produce a variety of labels, shrink tubing and wire marks. Compatible with Windows 95/98/NT4/ 2000, it can print on a variety of paper supplies. It includes Kroy Label Designer Software.
Enter no. 280 after clicking here.
MBM Corp.'s DestroyIt 2230 paper shredder features strip-cut or cross-cut options, and can shred through staples and clips at approximately 12 feet per minute. It offers a 8-3/4-inch feed opening, and can shred up to seven sheets at once with the strip-cut model; four sheets at once with the cross-cut option.
Enter no. 275 after clicking here.