Printers, Printers Lots o' Printers
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., of Irvine, Calif., says its new ML-1430 laser printer offers 15 pages-per-minute printing, and 600 dot-per-inch resolution. The entry level unit offers 8 MB of standard memory, and is designed for the small office/home office market, it says. It supports Windows (including XP) and Mac (OS 8.6+) and also can handle Linux OS products.
Reader Response no. 260.
Brother HL Series
Brother International Corp., of Bridgewater, N.J., has debuted new printers in its HL line.
* The HL-2460 and network HL-2460N office laser printers feature 25 page-per-minute print speed, 16 MB of standard memory (expandable to 272MB), and a large toner capacity of up to 11,000 pages.
* The 19 page-per-minute HL-1850 and HL-1870 office laser printers, with 16MB and 32MB memories, respectively.
* Brother's single-pass color printer for workgroups, the Brother HL-4000CN, featuring 16 pages-per-minute color and monochrome print speeds. It comes network-ready with duplex printing and 1200 x 1200dpi resolution.
Reader Response no. 261.
Hewlett Packard Co., based in San Jose, has released a lot of printers. First, the Officejet d series :
* Officejet d125xi prints, scans and copies, with a maximum print speed of 19 pages per minute and a 400 sheet paper capacity. It also includes parallel cable adapter, two-sided printing and copying accessory.
* Officejet d135 combines the ability to print, fax, scan, and copy. The machine prints up to 19 pages per minute in black, 16 pages per in minute in color, delivers 33-Kbps faxing, and photo-quality color printing.
* Officejet d155 is a network printer that also functions as fax machine, scanner, and copier with camera card readers, 250-sheet paper tray, HP Jetdirect 200m LIO print server for Ethernet 10/100 Base-TX.
Then, the Laserjets:
* The Laserjet 4100mfp has the ability to print, copy, color scan, and digital send features with a single machine.
* Business inkjet 2230/2280 series printers are designed for small work groups who need to print high quality documents for both desktop and networked environments.
* Designjet cc800ps offers technical workgroups an in-house color printer, scanner, and copier for large-size documents.
Reader Response no. 262.
Persona Series C16
The Persona Series C16, from Fargo Electronics Inc., of New Orleans, is a desktop plastic card printer that features a full color dye-sublimation printer. It prints continuous-tone photo ID cards edge-to-edge on standard CR-80 PVC media.
An LCD display screen shows printer status and other helpful messages. The unit includes a user-definable print/overlay for creating "keep out" areas for such things as signature panels, and independent resin panel control for text and barcodes, the company reports.
Fargo also debuted its Professional Series CardJet 410 printer/encoder, created in conjunction with Hewlett Packard Co. and PPG Industries. The dedicated plastic ID card printer/encoder is based on inkjet technology, the company says.
Reader Response no. 263.
HP Server tc Series
The new Hewlett Packard Server tc Series includes:
* Server tc2100, an entry-level server that features Pentium 4 processor. It offers a 400 MHz front side bus, and up to 1.5 GHz of SDRAM. It also comes with three PCI slots an on-board network interface card a six mass storage shelves.
* Server tc3100 is a dual processor capable unit designed for companies with little or no in-house I.T.support. The scalable server is built around an Intel Pentium III processor with a 133 MHz front-side bus, error checking and correcting SDRAM, an dua-channel Ultra3 SSCSI controller.
* Server tc4100 is designed for the both expanding small businesses and large corporations utilizing work groups or remote offices. It has a dual-processor capable system that uses hot-swappable, redundant components.
The server has 620 GB of internal disk storage capacity, up to 4GB SDRAM and six open PCI slots.
Reader Response no. 264.
Gateway has introduced a series of desktops featuring new Intel chipsets. This E-Series is preconfigured for networked environments with built-in remote manageability. The three new desktops include:
* E-1800 has Celeron Processor 1.2 GHz, a four-bay convertible case, 128MB PC 133 SDRAM and a 20GB hard drive and Integrated Intel 10/100 network adapter
* E-3600 has a Pentium 4 Processor 1.5GHz, with a seven-bay mid-tower case, Intel 845 chipset, an expandable 768MB PC 133 SDRAM, a 40GB UATA hard drive, and 10/100 network adapter.
* E-4650, which features Pentium 4 processor 1.8GHz, Intel 845 chipset, 265 MB PC800 RDRAM expandable to 1.5GB, a 40GB Ultra ATA hard drive, and integrated Intel 10/100 Ethernet.
Reader Response no. 325.
Samsung Magic Bright
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., of Irvine, Calif., has introduced its new Magic Bright three-in-one 17-inch CRT monitors.
The SyncMaster 763mb and SyncMaster 765mb, feature three separate "brightness modes" that are designed specifically for high-end PC, Internet and entertainment applications.
Samsung also introduced its 15-inch SyncMaster 152T dual-input digital/analog flat-panel monitor. It features Natural color software which tunes up the display to ensure that the colors the user see on the monitor are consistent with the original image.
Reader Response no. 265.