Konica Business Workgroup System
The 7030 Workgroup Document System is a digital copier/printer/fax/scanner from Konica Business Technologies Inc. It can be networked, and can print and copy 30 pages per minute, at a resolution of 600 by 600 d.p.i. It includes a Super G3 Fax kit with a 33.6 Kbps modem speed and two-sided fax capability.
Information: Reader Response no. 248.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. has introduced its PC425 entry-level personal copier. It offers a copy speed of four copies per minute for letter-size paper. It uses the E20 black cartridge, which provides approximately 2,000 copies at five percent density. It features a RAPID Fusing System which provides instant warm-up and eliminates warm-up time.
Information: Reader Response no. 249.
Kyocera Mita America Inc. says its KM-1530 digital copy/print laser system offers high-quality digital imaging at 600 by 600 d.p.i. It offers up to 18 pages-per-minute as well as a warm-up time of 30 seconds. It supports PCL5/6e and KPDL2 (PostScript compatible). The unit is compatible with both PC and Mac platforms, as well as Novell NetWare and Windows NT servers using the optional 10Base2/10BaseT/100 Base-TX Network Interface card, the company says.
Information: Reader Response no. 250.
Pitney Bowes Office Systems has its DL260, DL 360, DL460, and DL550 series of digital copier/printer devices. All models support PC and Macintosh platforms.
* The DL260 and DL360 can be installed as either a standalone copier or laser printer delivering 600 d.p.i. resolution, with an output of 25 and 35 pages-per-minute respectively. They can also be equipped to connect to an Ethernet or Token-Ring network, turning the system into a shared laser printer.
* The DL460 and DL550 can be configured with a 100-sheet electronic document handler, multiple paper handling and/or duplexing options, and one of four output options with a range of finishing modes and capacities. They offer 45 and 55 pages-per-minute respectively, and 600 d.p.i. black-and-white digital resolution.
Information: Reader Response no. 251.
Samsung Electronics America Inc. has introduced four new SyncMaster Series monitors:
* The SyncMaster 570sTFT is 15-inches wide, and features .297mm dot pitch and 1024 x 768 at 75 Hz. The angle pivot base allows for portrait and landscape viewing and the advanced image scaling and display director OSD system ensure optimum control over the screen image.
* The SyncMaster 150TFT is 17-inches wide and offers a 160-degree viewing angle. It offers 1280 x 1024 at 76 Hz resolution. It also comes "Pivot Enabled" for instant switching between portrait and landscape viewing.
* The SyncMaster 755DF offers a 17-inch flat screen which utilizes Samsungs "DynaFlat" display tube technology to reduce geometric distortion. It also offers Samsung Smart III Screen coating that enhances contrast by mixing the highly concentrated pigments with the original phosphor material.
* The SyncMaster 1100pPlus offers a flat square CRT tube, a .25 mm dot pitch, and INVAR Shadow Mask delivering images from edge-to-edge.
Information: Reader Response no. 252.
Virtual Ink Corp. has introduced the mimio flipChart, a device that attaches to the cardboard back of any standard flip chart pad and captures handwritten text and drawings as real-time, color, digital information on the user's PC.
It uses infrared and ultrasound detectors to track and record pen strokes as real-time, color data. Mimio 2.0 software, bundled with the chart..
Information: Reader Response no. 253.
The Electronic Easel Conversion Kit, from MagnaPlan Corp., weighs less than 1.7 pounds and turns any flipchart into a collaboration tool. Users can create and share notes in real-time using Microsoft NetMeeting or Webex. The device runs under Windows 95/98/2000/NT 4.0.
Information: Reader Response no. 254.
GFI has introduced FAXmaker for Microsoft Exchange 2000. It installs as a connector and fax-enables all Exchange 2000 users, without installing additional client software, to send and receive faxes from Microsoft Outlook. FAXmaker integrates with Active Directory and eliminates the need for a separate fax server user database.
It features include a multi-line fax server, inbound fax routing, print to fax driver for Windows, support for server-based rendering of office documents.
The company also announced the release of a new version of its fax server, FAXmaker for Networks/SMTP 8, which includes a native Windows 2000 fax server. It allows all network users to send and receive faxes from their desktops, using either the FAXmaker client or their favorite e-mail client including SMTP/POP3 servers as well as Lotus Notes.
Information: Reader Response no. 255.
TECSA Seurat Pro
TESCA Ltd and Micotek Lab Inc. have announced an agreement to bundle TECSA's Seurat Pro + copy dot scanning software (for Windows) with the Microtek ArtixScan 6000XY Pro Scanner.
Seurat Pro + enables scanner users to get color-separated CMYK film into the digital workflow.
The 6000XY Pro scanner is capable of achieving 2,000 d.p.i. which in turn allows for optimal copy dot software performance.
Information: Reader Response no. 255.
The P-400 Business Edition, from Olympus America Inc., is a high-speed dye-sublimation printer for professional or amateur photographers and digital imaging professionals.
It offers data input options from a card or directly from a PC using Smart-Media, PCMCIA card, USB or parallel port. Output options including full-size, single-sheet photo album.
Information: Reader Response no. 256.
The Cross Pen Computing Group has introduced its pen-based scanning technology in it's new Cross Convergence Pen, a transluscent pen that features a built-in scanner. It allows users to connect to Web sites, eliminating the need to memorize lengthy URLs or search the Web.
Information: Reader Response no. 286.