Sacramento's Examen Adds Staff
Walter Kopp has been named vice president of engineering at Examen Inc.
Before joining the Sacramento, Calif.-based company, he worked at Unify Corp. in senior management positions including vice president of product development and director of software development.
Craig Hegland also joins Examen's engineering team as a project manager. Hegland's 15 years of senior level experience includes positions with Delgata, Carta Inc. and The Money Store.
Matthew Moore, John Ervin, Sandra Morris, and John Otto have joined Examen's sales staff.
* Jai Wallace has joined the staff of American Lawyer Media Inc. as a marketing consultant for national publications. Before joining ALM (the parent company of Law Technology News), Wallace worked for CMP Media for 10 years. He is a greaduate of the University of New Haven, in Connecticut.
* Ian Rhind has been named president and chief executive officer of CCH Canadians Ltd., of Toronto. He is former vice president of tax complaiance software for CCH Canadian, and succeeds James de Gaspé Bonar, who was named publisher of Federal and State Tax for CCH Inc.
* Glenn Osaka has been named to the board of directors at Glasshouse Technologies Inc. Osaka has also served as CEO of Reactivity, and in positions at Hewlett-Packard Co.
* John Callahan has been appointed president of North American operations by Keystone Solutions Group.
Callahan formerly served as Keystone's North American consulting and services manager.
* Loren Newman, an associate with Tripp Scott, has been tapped to head the firm's technology division as director. Newman is currently a member of the Information Technology Forum of South Florida.
* James Zubok has accepted the position of vice president and general counsel at SER Solutions Inc.
Zubok most recently served as a senior associate with Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
* Michael Olivia has been named director of product marketing at Neoware Systems Inc. Olivia's 18 years of technology experience recently includes the position of managing director at Boundless Technologies.
* Kevin Michel is TydenBrammall's new sales manager, covering a 10-state region in the central United States. Michel comes to TydenBrammall after 13 years with Schneider Specialized Carriers.
* Robert S. Campbell has been named executive account manager at Integrated Technologies Management. Campbell's 15 years of experience include executive and directorial positions.
* Anthony Shupin, Vincent Moreno, Michael J. Pelligrino and Robert Gowell have been appointed to Digital Descriptor Systems Inc.'s board of directors.
Moreno is currently president of PayPlus Software Inc., and Pelligrino is chief financial officer of DDSI.
Shupin brings more than 20 years of executive management including time at Deloitte Consulting.
Gowell has been associated with DDS for nearly three years as an investor and previous board member.