Pitney Bowes Debuts DL370
Pitney Bowes Office Systems Inc. has introduced the DL370, a 35-page-per-minute copier, laser printer, fax and scanner. Its "scan to e-mail" and "scan to file" features let users e-mail scanned documents as file attachments or transmit them to specified folders.
Users can also send a fax as an e-mail, transmitting it to the receiver's e-mailbox via corporate network. The plug-and-play unit offers walk-up copying capabilities such as duplexing, collating, hole punching, and stapling.
Reader Response no. 233.
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Co. has released the KX-FLM551 multifunction laser facsimile. It performs copying, PC attached scanning, 10 page-per-minute 600 dpi laser printing, and includes a telephone with 10-number one touch dialing, 100 speed dial numbers, and a 14.4 Kbps modem. It prints incoming with 64 shades of halftone resolution at 600 dpi, has a 150-page document memory should the 150-sheet paper tray run empty, and its fax pager call feature alerts a user's pager when a fax is received.
Its copier functions can enlarge or reduce an original, sort and collate, and make 99 copies from one original. The bundled OCR-Read-Iris 5.5 Pro software recognizes text in up to 55 languages.
Reader Response no. 234.
New from Samsung Electronic Americas:
* The ML-1250 is a 12 page-per-minute laser printer that utilizes PCL6 emulation, offers 4 MB of standard memory expandable to 64 MB, and prints at 1200 dpi.
The unit accepts a variety of paper stocks and sizes and has an extra sheet feeder for envelopes, labels, card stock or transparencies. It includes a 150-sheet capacity universal paper input tray.
* The ML-1651N is a 17 ppm laser printer that can be networked via its 10/100 Base Tx network card. It can produce 40,000 pages of text per-month, offers a 166 MHz processor, 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution, and its 16 MB of standard memory can be increased to 144 MB. It is equipped with a 550-sheet universal cassette tray.
Reader Response no. 235.
Kyocera Mita America
Kyocera Mita America Inc. has added its FS-8000C network-ready color printer to its new ECOSYS line. It prints at 30 pages-per-minute monochrome and 8 ppm color, both with 600 x 600 dpi, and its standard 64 MB of memory can be expanded to 128 MB.
The unit provides a 500-sheet universal paper drawer, and a 150-sheet multi- purpose tray.
Reader Response no. 236.
OKIPOS 425 Series
Oki Data Americas Inc. has announced the OKIPOS 425 Series multi-function printer, providing slip printing, receipt printing, independent audit journals, MICR reading, check validation, and tractor-fed form printing of 8.5 inches wide or less.
The unit processes slips, checks and continuos forms, and automatically adjusts to paper of varying thickness.
Reader Response no. 237.
* The KX-FLB751 multi-function facsimile offers flatbed or sheet-fed scanning and copying. It imports images at 1200 dpi, and recognizes up to 55 languages via its included OCR-Read-Iris 5.5 PRO software. It can make up to 99 copies from one original, enlarge or reduce images, and collate multiple sheet documents. The unit prints incoming faxes with 64 shades of halftone resolution in fine, super fine or photo modes.
* The KX-FPG175 plain paper fax machine features a 2.4 GHz GigaRange cordless telephone, a digital answering machine, and copier functions. Incoming messages are printed with 64 shades of halftone resolution, or can be stored in the unit's 28-page memory.
It offers a 14.4 Kbps modem and sequential broadcasting for multi-recipient faxing. The unit's voice and fax pager call feature automatically sends caller ID data to the user's pager when a fax or voice message is received.
Reader Response no. 238.
From Panasonic Consumer Electronics Co.:
* The PT-50PD3 HDTV 50-inch plasma television offers a brightness level of 500 cd/m2, a 3000:1 contrast ratio, a 16:9 screen, and a 160-degree viewing angle. The 3.9-inch unit can be wall-mounted or set on its included stand. It offers component video inputs and multiple A/V input jacks including S-Video, computer audio input, RGB input and a built-in RS232C serial interface.
* The TC-11LV1 is an 11-inch, 16:9 widescreen, LCD television with a built-in DVD player, a 450 cd/m2 brightness level, and a 500:1 contrast ratio. It has a 181-channel tuner and automatically adjusts its display for optimal brightness and contrast settings. It includes two built-in speakers, a Dolby Digital Surround decoder, and dts digital sound output.
Reader Response no. 239.
SV-SD80 MP3 Player
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Co. has released its SV-SD80 wearable MP3 player. Its rechargeable Ni-MH battery and one AAA alkaline battery deliver 50 hours of uninterrupted play, and an included 64 MB SD Memory Card holds up to 64 minutes of music in high quality mode (129 minutes in extended play mode).
The unit supports MP3 playback, Windows Media Audio and Advanced Audio Coding encoded music.
Reader Response no. 240.
Gefen Inc. Trio
* The ex-tend-it DVI-Repeater repeats a DVI signal and transmits it up to 150 feet using DVI cables, to extend a DVI or ADC digital flat panel monitor or projector more than six feet from a PC or Macintosh computer.
* The ex-tend-it DVImate adapter is equipped with two DVI female connectors that can convert a DVI cable's male-to-male connector to a male-to-female connector, thereby creating an extension DVI cable, it says.
* The ex-tend-it DVI-Hub extends two flat panel digital monitors up to 100 feet from the computer using high quality DVI cables for transmission.
Reader Response no. 241.
Quatech Inc. has introduced two new IEEE 1394 FireWire adapters for PCI and CardBus interfaces, for adding multiple IEEE 1394 ports to computers running Windows 98/Me/2000.
The TFC-100 provides two four-pin IEEE 1394 ports and one six-pin port (includes power) via the PCI bus; the DFP-100 provides two six-pin ports via a CardBus interface.
The adapters use 32-bit bus mastering, support operating speeds of 100, 200, and 400 Mbps, are compatible with all IEEE 1394a devices, and are backward compatible with IEEE 1394-1955 devices.
Both also include video-editing and digital photography software packages, the company reports.
Reader Response no. 242.