Itronix Debuts GoBook MAX
ITRONIX Corp. has unveiled the GoBook MAX, a "ruggedized" notebook PC with a Pentium III 700 MHz processor.
It offers 128 MB SDRAM, a shock-mounted 20 GB hard drive, and a lithium-ion 5400 mAHr battery pack.
The unit has a 10.4-inch SVGA TFT ColorVue Touch Display, and a full size, glow in the dark QWERTY keyboard.
It accepts BellSouth Wireless Data, Cisco Wireless LAN, Motient, CDPD and GSM, and with its radio bay offering 56k V.90 fax/modem (a combined modem and 10/100M Ethernet LAN card is optional).
It is suitable for HazMat environments, and can be decontaminated/ washed down after use.
Reader Response no. 263.
Visual CE 6.0
SYWARE Inc. has released Visual CE 6.0, a database development tool for building customized databases on Windows CE and Pocket PC handheld computers.
Development tools include pop-up word lists, grid control, macro programs, and forms that can be developed and run on either a desktop computer or handheld device.
Reader Response no. 264.
Handspring & Sprint
Handspring Inc. and Sprint have announced that Sprint PCS has licensed the Handspring Blazer Web browser software for Sprint PCS customers using Palm OS-based wireless devices.
Blazer recognizes languages including HTML, WML (WAP), and cHTML, providing access to virtually any Internet site with optimized color browsing.
Reader Response no. 265.
TABS III Goes Portable
Software Technology Inc. reports that its billing system, TABS III, now has a custom software application that runs on Palm OS-compatible handhelds.
The application allows users to add and modify fee and cost entries on their handheld, then synch the entries back to the TABS III system.
Reader Response no. 266.
Iambic Inc.'s TinySheet 4 spreadsheet program for Palm OS devices now includes the charts and functions of TinyChart. Both the spreadsheets of TinySheet and its charts synchronize directly with Microsoft Excel 97+ on Windows PCs. TinyChart offers 29 charting options including 3-D.
Reader Response no. 267.
BOXLIGHT Corp. introduces two new projectors:
* The CD-600m is a 5.7-pound, DLP projector with dual operating brightness modes of 2000 and 1600 ANSI lumens, letting users prioritize lamp life and performance, presentation to presentation. The unit's 800 x 600 SVGA (compressed 1280 x 1024 SXGA) resolution and Faroudja video chip set, produce smooth, natural-looking video.
* The CP-12t is a 1700 ANSI lumen, FCC Class B certified projector, offering 800 x 600 SVGA (compressed 1280 x 1024 SXGA) resolution, HDTV compatibility, and multiple audio, video and computer inputs.
Reader Response no. 268.
Olympus America Inc.
New from Olympus America Inc.:
* The Camedia E-20N SLR digital camera features a dual mode image capture capability. The interlaced scan mode sets the 2/3-inch RGB CCD for 5 mega-pixel resolution, producing photo quality prints up to 11 x 14 inches.
* The C-3020 ZOOM is a 3.2 megapixel digital camera offering a 3X optical zoom aspherical glass lens with continuous 2.5X digital telephoto. It provides a six-mode flash with red-eye reduction, manual exposure adjustments, and produces prints larger than 8 x 10 inches.
* The Brio D-230 is a 2 megapixel digital camera including an Olympus Auto-Focus 5.5mm f 2.8 lens, 5X digital telephoto, and producing photo quality 8 x 10-inch prints. It features red-eye reduction, automated exposure, white balance and color management, and its composite image mode lets users merge two images into one without a PC.
Reader Response no. 269.
Samsung & Sprint
Samsung Telecommuni-cations America and Sprint have introduced the SPH-I300 Sprint PCS Phone by Samsung. It is a wireless handset and personal digital assistant featuring the Palm OS platform. The six-ounce unit has a backlit, virtual dialing pad on the touch screen with a 256-color display, LCD screens with Caller ID on the front and top of the handset.
* The SPH-N300 is a GPS-enabled wireless phone by Samsung, designed to support future location-based and E911 emergency services, as they become available on the Sprint PCS nationwide network.
The 4.1-ounce flip style phone offers the Openwave 4.1 Browser for accessing the Wireless Web, and personal information management features including calendar with scheduler and alarms, "to-do" list, calculator, and more.
Reader Response no. 270.
Sprint PCS Goodies
Sprint and Switchboard Inc. have launched Switchboard's Nearbuy Product Directory, "Nearbuy Product Locator," in the shopping folder of the Sprint PCS Wireless Web. Users enter products' names, brands or descriptions, and the service instantly retrieves product information, directions and call-through capability to those stores known to carry them.
Reader Response no. 271.