O'Connell Named DataCert Inc. VP
Sean O'Connell has been appointed vice president of corporate marketing for Houston-based DataCert Inc. He will be responsible for implementing marketing and public relations initiatives, media relations, product placement, and advertising. O'Connell previously served as director of marketing at N3 Consulting Inc., an IBM services partner.
* Also at DataCert, Kevin Dolan has been named vice president of sales at DataCert Inc. He previously worked at eLaw.com; Bowne JFS Software; Data Dynamics; and Summation Legal Technologies.
* Mike Haysley has been appointed vice president of implementation services. He previously was a consultant with PricewatershouseCoopers L.L.P. and Arthur Andersen L.L.P.
* CaseShare Systems: Michael Jimmerson has joined Denver-based CaseShare Systems, as director of legal sales and marketing. Previously, he was C.I.O at Chicago-based Hinshaw & Culbertson, and a practicing attorney. CaseShare is a spin-off of Denver-based Holland & Hart.
* Daticon Inc. of Gales Ferry, Conn. has named Frances Meadows vice president of electronic data discovery services. She joins after working as a vice president of operations for Merrill Corp.'s document imaging division.
* R.J. Filipski has been appointed director of software sales. He will work in Massachussetts. Lela Laurent has been named midwest sales manager, and will be responsible for developing a sales territory encompassing 11 states.
* I-DEP L.L.C. has appointed Mark Cummuta as chief technical officer. He is responsible for product development, technology support, and for complete execution of the I-DEP Internet deposition service.
Scott Ablin has been named marketing manager.
* Ibis Consulting has promoted Kimberly Dusseault to director of client services. She will manage both the production and client services departments. Tom Rader has been added as director of sales and business development.
* Edward Standage has been named C.E.O. of inData Corp.'s Trial Technology Consulting business unit.
* Fios Inc. announces three new sales team members: Shawnna Childress, formerly with LexisNexis Group, will handle all Florida accounts. Seth Davis, formerly with Swets Blackwell, will be responsible for the Bay Area, Sacramento and Washington markets. Michael McCullough will cover Ohio, Indiana, western New York and Pennsylvania.
* Quorum has named Valerie Ruma as key account manager for the western region. Ruma will be based in San Francisco.Tanquil Graves is the new key account manager for the northeast region.
* Warren DiDonato is strategic development manager of Lynbrook, N.Y.-based DOAR Inc. He will provide expertise for the electronic evidence and discovery services segment.
* Deborah Reese has been named vice president of operations at ProLaw Software. She was formerly vice president of client services, and has been with the company since 1993.
* Quick Takes: Octago has named Wendie Geller as director of client support, and Wendy Zang as database administrator. Stephen Goldstein has joined Cleveland's Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.L.P. as practice technology support manager.
Sheryl Cramer, of Cramer Consulting, has aligned with MicroLaw Inc., to provide TimeMatters and Amicus Attorney case management system support and training.
Richard Simmons has been hired by Actio Corp. as vice president, sales and marketing.
Tracie Burns has opened an independent marketing consulting practice in Dallas. Mark Donachie has been selected by PurchasePro's board of directors as the company's new C.F.O.
David Crussell has been named C.O.O. of Steelpoint Technologies Inc.