Oki Data Americas Inc. has introduced the OKIOFFICE 87, a multifunction peripheral machine that offers printing, faxing, copying, scanning, and document management capabilities.
It features a 33.6 Kbps modem, 100-sheet letter/legal paper storage capacity, 10 one-touch dials, 100 speed dials, and five group dials. It delivers 600 dpi printing at eight pages-per-minute, and eight copies-per-minute at 300 dpi, with 25 to 200 percent reduce/enlarge; and 50-page multi-copy capability.
Reader Response no. 230.
Eastman Kodak Co.'s Document Imaging division has debuted the i60 desktop color scanner, able to scan both sides of a document in a single pass.
It captures documents, photos or other graphics at up to 25 pages-per-minute, with a speed of 50 images-per-minute in duplex, black and white. Color images will be captured at up to 10 ppm or 20 i-p-m, at 150 dpi.
Reader Response no. 232.
PrimeFilm 1800 Silver
Pacific Image Electronics Inc. has introduced its PrimeFilm 1800 Silver film scanner. It converts mounted or un-mounted, negative or positive 35mm filmstrips and slides into digital files with 1800 dpi and 36-bit color reproduction.
It ships with scanning software and drivers, SilverFast SE 5.0 and Adobe Photoshop LE 5.0, and connects via USB to any Windows 98/Me/2000 or Mac OS 8.6+ system.
Reader Response no. 233.
Primera Technology Inc. has unveiled its ComposerPro Optical Disc Duplicator, available with either dual 16x CD-R recorders, or dual Pioneer DVR-A03 drives that record both general purpose DVD-Rs and CD-Rs at 8x speed. The units feature 100-disc input capacity, and a precision "pick-and-place" robotic arm that transports discs from the input bin to the dual integrated recorders, thus allowing the user to duplicate batches of 100 discs unattended. After recording, discs can be transported to an optional Primera ink-jet or thermal transfer optical disc printer, where they are printed in color at up to 2400 dpi print resolution. Both units ship with PrimaCD Pro duplication software.
Reader Response no. 234.
Brother International Corp. has released its "P-Touch" label printer, the PT-1500pc, to create adhesive-backed labels that can be used for file folders, CD jewel cases, etc.
Brother's included "cyber-clipping" software captures highlighted text from any Windows application, formats the data to fit a label, and prints it out.
The printer includes a USB printer cable, tape cassette and AC power supply, and is compatible with Windows and Macintosh environments.
Reader Response no. 235.
Wacom Technology Corp. has unveiled Graphire2, a USB computer input system that combines a cordless, no-ball, scrolling mouse with a cordless and pressure-sensitive pen.
The mouse has a resolution of 1015 lines-per-inch, operates without batteries, and provides scrolling capabilities for Macs and PCs, and settings for acceleration and speed to customize the feel of user navigation.
The pen can sense 512 levels of pressure, and features a built-in eraser.
Reader Response no. 236.
Konexx Phone 2 PC
Konexx has released Phone 2 PC, a system for recording conversations or dictation. The hardware component connects from a telephone handset to the sound card of a computer, features an automatic gain control circuit for recording both sides of a conversation at equal levels, and is powered by an AC adapter.
The software component lets users record, file, annotate, edit, bookmark, and e-mail any conversation, or dictate a file to an associate. Recordings may be saved to a local area network or directly to a PC, and are compressed as editable .wav files that consume 7.2 MB-per-hour.
Reader Response no. 237.
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Co. has debuted three new 2.4 GHz GigaRange Digital Spread Spectrum cordless telephones, each with a 24-channel reception, a 2.5 mm headset jack, and a nickel cadmium battery for 4.5 hours of talk time, or 11 days in standby:
* The KX-TG2401 offers a 10-station speed dialer.
* The KX-TG2451 offers call waiting caller ID, and a 50-station phone directory.
* The KX-TG2481 offers call waiting caller ID, a 50-station phone directory, two-way paging/auto intercom, and a digital answering system that can record up to 15 minutes.
Reader Response no. 300.
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Co. has introduced its PV-DV351 and PV-DV701 Palmcorder digital camcorders. Both feature a 680K-pixel CCD, up to 460 lines of horizontal resolution, digital PCM (12-bit/16-bit) stereo audio, and a 2.5 inch color LCD monitor (3.5 inch on the PV-DV701).
They provide image stabilization, 10x high-definition zoom, 500x digital zoom, and three-way camera-to-PC linking.
The cameras are equipped for capturing still images, and ship bundled with 8 MB memory cards and software for editing photos and sharing movies via e-mail.
Reader Response no. 301.
SeeNotes Removable Film Notes and Flags, from Redi-Tag Corp., are semi-transparent, neon film flags and index tabs for making notes and corrections to documents with ballpoint pen, pencil, or permanent marker, without marking the actual document. The non-adhesive area extends off the edge of a page for flagging purposes. The notes are available in wave, dialog box, and arrow shapes. Colors include neon lemon, tangerine, and pink; and transparent.
Reader Response no. 231.
CyberMatrix Meeting Manager 3 is a multi-user meeting scheduler that coordinates site and special resource booking. Client/Server and Web versions can be used with multiple-user access via Intranet or Internet, reports the company.
Each features three views, archiving and search functions
From CyberMatrix Corp.
Reader Response no. 290.
DYMO: The LabelWriter 300, 330, and 330 Turbo each thermal print 32 labels-per-minute, directly from the toolbars of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and the Palm Desktop or included DYMO software. The 300 and Turbo models support Stamps.com and Endicia.com for Internet postage.
Reader Response no. 304.
Canon U.S.A. Inc. has been very busy. Among their new releases:
* The imageRUNNER 5000 copier offers 50 page-per-minute, black-and-white, digital copying, printing and scanning capabilities. It provides 2400 x 600 dpi, 256 grayscale resolution, and up to 200,000 impressions-per-month. Finishing options include multi-position stapling, 2/3 hole punch, and saddle-stitch booklet making.
* The MultiPASS F30 offers 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing, 600 x 1200 dpi color scanning, and 1200 x 1200 dpi color copying.
* The MultiPASS F50 offers 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing, 600 x 1200 dpi color scanning, 1200 x 1200 dpi color copying, and color faxing with a 33.6 kbps Super G3 modem.
BUBBLE JET PRINTERS
* The S200 provides 2880 x 720 dpi color printing at three pages-per-minute (five ppm monochrome).
* The S300 provides 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing at 7.5 ppm (11 ppm monochrome), and ships with Canon's PhotoRecord photo printing software.
* The S500 provides 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing at eight ppm (12 ppm monochrome), individual ink tanks, and ships with Canon's PhotoRecord photo printing software.
* The S630 provides 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing at 12 p-p-m (17 p-p-m monochrome), individual ink tanks, and ships with Canon's PhotoRecord photo printing software.
* The S630 Network Printer provides 2400 x 1200 dpi color printing at 12 ppm (17 ppm monochrome), individual ink tanks, the Pricom-5100 JCI Print Server with 10 BASE-T/100 BASE-TX networking, and ships with Canon's PhotoRecord photo printing software.
* The PC940 features 13 letter-size copies-per-minute and 11 legal-size cpm. It offers zoom enlargement and reduction, a front-loading paper cassette for 100-page jobs, and zero warm up time.
* The CanoScan N67OU features 600 x 1200 dpi color scanning, a scan-to-CD-R function, and a blue lid.
The CanoScan N676U offers the same features with a titanium lid; and the N124OU a titanium silver lid, reports the company.
Reader Response no. 358.